Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trash Truck


Going with the theme "Things I Love Thursdays" (thanks LaVonne), I would have to say the Trash Truck. Every Thursday at 9:30am Josh (4yrs) and Zach (2yrs) run to the door screaming "the trash truck is here!" In typical boy fashion, my boys love the big truck, the loud noise, and probably the dirt and smell. We even know the trash man by name. It's Jose. Every time we drive by a trash truck, no matter the city or state, my boys say "mom....there's Jose." They love to follow him up the street and shake his hand (he takes his dirty gloves off and seems to have a clean hand). He even brings them little treats when he goes on vacation to Mexico. This week was a little sad as we are moving and he will be on vacation the last week we're in our house. So, this was the last time they will see Jose. Guess they will just have to get to know the new trash man at the new house. The boys don't understand the whole moving concept, but I do. It makes me sad thinking of all the little things we will miss.

1 comment:

LaVonne said...

I like this post. When Isabella hears the trash truck she runs to my lap and listens in awe. I will have to start taking her to the porch so she can understand better what is happening. :)