Last Tuesday was Josh's first field trip. His class and one other kindergarten class went to the pumpkin patch in Del Mar (across from the race tracks). The class got a small lecture on different pumpkins and how they grow.
After the lecture they got to pick 5 rides to go on. Not easy to pick 5 when there were about 10 rides to choose from. Josh went on the monster trucks, the train, the rockets, a large slide, and into the petting zoo. He was on the slide for about 15 minutes. The ride master let the kids go up and down as many times as they wanted. He even let me, another mom, and Josh's teacher go! It was a fast ride down, no wonder the kids went on it so many times! I thought Josh would be terrified in the petting zoo, since he's generally afraid of animals. I even held onto his ticket, telling the petting zoo master that I thought he would turn right around and get out when the first animal got close enough. But, Josh surprised me and I surrendered his ticket. Josh pet all of the animals and stayed in the petting zoo for almost 20 minutes!
After the rides, the kids in the class were allowed to each pick out a pumpkin. I think picking out the pumpkin was a bit overwhelming for Josh. It took him so long and he told me several times that he didn't know which one to pick. I even had him pick out 3 and tried to get him to choose from those, but he couldn't make up his mind. After a while he found one that he liked and the class headed back to school.
It was a lot of fun and I got so many great pictures! Again I find myself thinking about how blessed I am that I am able to do these things with my children. I've got the best job in the world!

No comments:
Post a Comment