Monday, August 3, 2009

Parks and Play Dates

This summer has been full of play dates for my boys. Some days I feel like we are going and going or playing and playing! Josh has play dates with the whole Kindergarten class that he will start school with in 2 weeks and play dates with kids from his preschool. They both have play dates with the kids from the moms in my Bible study. There are always kids there that are Zach's age too. Not that it matters who else is there, because I can't get my boys to play with anyone else. They always want to play with each other. The get so excited knowing that they are going on play dates with other kids and they name the kids who will be there. I have even tried asking them who they are going to play with, but it never changes. They may say who they are going to play with, but they always end up playing with each other!!



This summer we have been exploring different parks to see which ones we like the best. I like Cottonwood Creek because it has rocks to climb on and playground toys that most other parks don't have. There are so many ways to climb up on the apparatus instead of just the usual stairs and ladders. There is also water that comes out of some of the rocks which my boys love and I love too (but only when I come prepared with extra clothes!) No matter how great I think this park is, my boys disagree! They think it's great too, just not their favorite. Their favorite is Stagecoach Park because of a single slide! They love this one slide that has bumps in it. I have to admit, I love that slide too. It is so much fun watching Josh and Zach's smiling faces as they laugh the whole way down the slide.
Zach (above) and Josh (below) on their favorite slide! It was tough getting a picture because they were coming down so fast! They go on this slide a million times every time we go to this park!

No comments: