Doesn't it seem like we just got past all the Y2K scare? I can't believe 2010 is in a few short hours. Listed below is a rundown of the past decade. Some good, some bad, but mostly good things happened in this decade. It was definatley life changing!
I stole this idea from my SIL LaVonne after I read hers this afternoon and loved it. I'm actually excited to see my list when I finish it, so here goes....
2000
Faith and I rang in the new year in Hawaii!
We moved from Burbank to Santa Clarita.
Faith started Kindergarten and I continued to take classes at CSUN.
I coached Faith in her first season of soccer and we lost every game!
I volunteered every week at Faith's school.
2001
Made several trips to Northern California to visit my brother, Tyler, and his wife, LaVonne.
I coached Faith in her second season of soccer and we won the first game, but lost the rest of the games that season!
I was room mom in Faith's 1st grade class and worked in the copy center.
2002
Sean and I started dating.
I was room mom again in Faith's 2nd grade class and volunteered almost daily at her school.
Sean's team won my family's annual golf tournament.
In December, I graduated from CSUN with a BA in Liberal Studies.
2003
In January I got my first post college job working as an underwriter at Explorer Insurance.
For the first time I wasn't able to volunteer in Faith's class and Faith had to attend the YMCA's after school program at her school. This was heartbreaking for me. I will never forget that on Friday, during my first week of work, Faith got an award at the awards ceremony at school and I wasn't able to attend.
I started a Master's program at National University. This was an online program where I would get my Master's in education and my teaching credential.
2004
Sean and I moved in with each other.
I continued to take a new class every month while working on my Master's.
Josh was born on September 14th, Faith's 9th birthday!
I was able to stay home with Faith and Josh while on maternity leave. I was finally able to help in Faith's class again.
The end of the year brought so much rain that Sean was home most days.
I completed my thesis for my Master's with a baby Josh on my lap!
2005
We relocated to Carlsbad, CA for Sean to start a new career.
We fell in love with Carlsbad and the beach and after only 2 weeks of living her, we knew that we would never move!
Faith started a new school, 4th grade at Aviara Oaks.
I volunteered in her class, in the copy center and on the playground at lunch.
I turned the big three-O!
Sean and I tied the knot with Faith as my maid of honor and my sister, Kim, as my matron of honor. Sean had Josh and his friend Chris as his best men. The pastor dedicated our family to the Lord, we had a unity sand ceremony, and a wonderful time knowing that we were going to spend forever together!
2006
We found out that I was pregnant and chose not to find out the sex of our baby!
Faith graduated from Elementary school and started 6th grade at the middle school.
We took a family vacation with Sean's parents to Cancun! It was a great vacation even though I was very pregnant!

No comments:
Post a Comment